99eyao:Can Urinary tract Infection Only be Cured by Antibiotics?
28 Mar 16 - 23:08
Antibiotics are the mainstay of treatments in all cases of urinary tract infection, but can urinary tract infection only be cured by antibiotics?
You don't really think much about the importance of your urinary tract when you go to the bathroom. However, when you have a urinary tract infection, you probably have a hard time thinking about anything else. Symptoms of urinary tract infection are pain or burning during urination, fever, discolored, cloudy, or foul-smelling urine, pelvic pain or blood in urine. Intravenous antibiotics are usually required by patients with infections that have spread to the bloodstream or with serious kidney infections. Generally an uncomplicated UTI (urinary tract infection) of the lower urinary tract in a healthy individual can be treated by oral antibiotics.
Antibiotics have toxic and side effect and can't prevent the recidivating of UTI, so patients need to find another way to two to cure urinary tract infection. Here are some good choices.
1. Diuretic and anti-inflammatory Pill which is totally safe without any toxic or side effect, only remember not to take other Chinese herb medicine together with it, but it is ok if you take western medicine after taking it, then UTI can be cured totally from the origin, and you will never get UTI again.
2. Stir 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into 1 cup of water and drink it. The baking soda neutralizes acid in your urine, which makes peeing less painful. Don't overdo it because the baking soda may disturb the flora balance in your intestine.
3. Place a heating pad over your pelvic area. Gentle heat may provide some pain relief.
4. Take showers instead of baths. Soaking in a tub can provide a breeding ground for infection. For the same reason, avoid sitting around in wet bathing suits or in a hot tub.
5. When you wash your genitals, use a plain, mild soap, or simply water. Skip anything heavily scented or anything containing an exfoliant.
6. Have enough rest and sleep to improve resistance.
7. Drink a lot of water, it should be about 1500ml-2000ml or more, to increase urination. Eat light food full of water, fresh vegetables, fruit full of vitamin C and carotin, that is good for controlling the inflammation and help the recovery of epithelial cells in urinary tract. Also eat chrysanthemum, shepherd's purse and wax gourd. Don't eat spicy and irritant food such as leeks, scallions, pepper or ginger. No smoking or drinking alcohol.
8. Avoid having sex, reduce congestion in urinary tract and prevent aleopatior.
9. Keep genitals clean, especially for foreskin, balanus, penis and perineum.
10. Don't sit or ride a bike for too long time, don't ride a motorbike or a horse too long.
11. Pay attention to mental health, for psychological factors can cause difficulty of urination by nerve reflex.
Patients can often recover from urinary tract infection within several months after taking all the tips above.