99eyao:Is Azithromycin The Only Medicine to Cure Chlamydia in Men?
28 Mar 16 - 23:09
When talking about chlamydia, antibiotics are used the most to cure the disease, and one main type of antibiotics is azithromycin. A convenient single-dose therapy for chlamydia is 1 gm of azithromycin by mouth. Is azithromycin the only medicine to cure chlamydia in men?
Alternative treatments are often used, however, because of the high cost of this medication. The most common alternative treatment is a 100 mg oral dose of doxycycline twice per day for seven days. There are many other antibiotics that also have been effective against chlamydia. But they will cause side effect and resistance to drugs, also patients may get the infected again in the near future since antibiotics can't cure the disease from the origin. Latest researches show that genital chlamydia infection can be treated with appropriate herbal formulas as well.
Herbal medicine is an alternative treatment of chlamydia. In the view of TCM, chlamydia is caused by toxic materials and Urination Disturbance. By adding different herbs in, a complete herbal medicine can contain lots of function such as clearing toxic materials and relieving stranguria. What's more, herbal medicine can also improve the immunity and self-healing ability. Men can take diuretic and anti-inflammatory pill to get a cure.
Some tips of prevention.
1. Every time when you have sex, please remember use condoms correctly.
2. Do not go back and forth between partners and decrease the number of sex partners.
3. Only have sexual contact to one uninfected partner and remember sexual abstinence.
4. Avoiding sexual contact and go to see a doctor if you think you are infected by chlamydia.
Some tips of food can or can't eat
1. No spicy food such as pepper, ginger, green onion, garlic etc, for they can make heat in viscera, swollen gums, sore tongue, yellow urine, burning in or around anus and make the disease more serious.
2. No seafood or stimulating food, like shrimp, mandarin fish, snakehead, hairtail , yellow croaker, crab and etc, for they can increase humid heat and make genital area itch, it will be harmful to the elimination of inflammation.
3. No sweet or oily food, for example, lard, fat pork, butter, cream, food with a lot of sugar like candy, dessert, chocolate, cream cake and etc, for they can help increase the humid heat and influence the treatment.
4. No alcohol or smoking. For smoking can make the disease serious, nicotine can decrease the binding force of blood and oxygen in artery, alcohol can increase humid heat, also rice wine contained drink or medicinal liquor can't be drunk.
5. Male patients need to pay attention to the nutrition of diet. Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits to keep bowel movement every day, drink more water and prevent the infection of urinary tract.
Remember and obey all these tips, TCM can cure chlamydia in men.